Monday, May 19, 2014

Interference!

   Hey guys, long time, no...write. Yeah, I don't know what I was trying to say there, but I'm back! Well, no time for pleasantries this evening; let's just go right in!
   Did you know that electronics can confuse some birds while migrating? No? Well, don't worry, I'll be sure to explain. Birds use Earth's magnetic field  to guide them during migrations, and recent studies have shown that the electromagnetic radiation of electronic devices can confuse a bird's "inner compass".  Think about when you are listening to your radio in the car and you drive through a certain area that interferes with the radio station and causes it to change or fade out. That is the exact type of interference that affects birds while migrating!







I hope this article has been
helpful for you guys!
Au revoir, Shoshanna!

Here's the link to the article I used for information: https://student.societyforscience.org/sciencenews-students

No comments:

Post a Comment